Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Reflection


Many of us think we know the Internet inside out, just because we are on it 24/7 watching Youtube and stalking people on social networks. However, our knowledge of the Internet is just barely what it is all about. From this module I've learnt about the different aspects of the Internet (I didn't really know there would be so many).

I really enjoyed researching revolutionary new innovations such as BitCoin, which both amaze and terrify me. The concept that money could me made out of relatively nothing has caused me to realise how powerful the Internet is.

I consider myself a person who is aware of the harm the Internet can cause. I disabled my Facebook account for that very reason. I didn't want to be a slave to a website, and I wanted my privacy. However, as much as I can try to push the Internet away, this module shown me that my life will always be gravitated to it, whether I like it or not.

Take the Internet of Things for example. Life is going to be connected to this imaginary cloud sooner or later. Even if I have my misgivings, it will still end up intertwined in my life.

I guess that's the main thing I took away from this module, that the Internet is a double-edged-sword and I will have to rely on myself to be discerning and cautious in order to protect myself from the potentially harmful wonders of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment